Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Muffins


 I make these at least once a week. They are my go-to post workout snack and my kids gobble them up. I actually have to hide them or they are gone in a day. 

1 cup
Canned pumpkin
1/2 cup
Applesauce
1/2 cup
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt (I like Chobani)
3
Egg whites
1 3/4 cup
Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup
Protein powder (vanilla) 
1/2 cup
Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 
1 tsp
Baking soda
2 tsp
Baking powder
1/4 tsp
Salt
1 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon
1/2 tsp
Pumpkin pie OR Apple pie spice (If you don't have this just add a couple dashes nutmeg instead) 
Optional
Add-Ins: 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds, mini chocolate chips, raisins or dried cranberries. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth. Pour batter into paper-lined muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins. 

*Note: This batter is very moist and a toothpick may not come out clean. They are done when the tops are golden brown. 

1 comment:

Alli grins said...

We LOVE these muffins! My kids adore them and I love that they are healthy:) So so so good!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...