Thursday, June 16, 2011

Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches

Well, Summer is here and I try to turn on my oven as little as possible these days. If I'm planning on a hot meal, I usually grill outdoors or use my slow-cooker so I don't heat up my house any more than necessary! I found this recipe for delicious sandwiches over at Favorite Family Recipes and we loved it! 

1 (2-4 pound) beef roast, trimmed of fat
2 (16 oz.) cans beef broth (I subbed 4 cups water + 4 tsp. beef bouillon) 
2 pkgs. dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
8 French hoagie or Sub Rolls
Cheese slices (we love Swiss)

Place the beef roast in the slow-cooker. I recommend using a Reynold's Slow Cooker Liner for easy cleanup. Mix the beef broth with the Onion Soup Mix and pour over the beef.  Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours. Shred roast with a fork, then return the meat to the crock to soak up those yummy juices while you prepare your rolls.

Split rolls in half and toast lightly. Pour meat through a fine mesh strainer and collect the juice in another bowl. Pile meat onto toasted rolls and top with a slice of cheese. (Can broil quickly to melt the cheese). Serve sandwiches with au jus on the side for dipping. Serves 8.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...